商务英语:破产
有公司盈利,也有公司破产。下面这两个人正在谈论的就是破产的公司。
Billy: Howdy, how are you all doing?
比利:你好,你们都还好吗?
Michael: We are just fine. How about you and your company?
迈克尔:我们都很好。你和你的公司最近怎么样?
Billy: As well as can be expected.
比利:预见之中。
Michael: What happened?
迈克尔:发生什么事了?
Billy: Can't you guess?
比利:你不能猜猜吗?
Michael: Did your company go bankrupt?
迈克尔:你们的公司破产了吗?
Billy: You hit the nail on the head. We went bankrupt.
比利:你说的一点没错。我们的公司关门大吉了。
Michael: I am sorry to hear that.
迈克尔:听到这个消息我很难过。
Billy: Not as sorry as we are.
比利:没有我们那么难过。
Michael: Is there anything I can do for you?
迈克尔:我可以帮你什么忙吗?
Billy: Now we are all in debt and unemployed. Can you lend us some money and help us find new jobs?
比利:现在我们都欠债累累而且失业在家了。你能借给我们一些钱并帮我们找到工作吗?
Michael: I will do my best. I will try.
迈克尔:我会尽力而为。我会努力帮你们的。
Note:
You hit the nail on the head (正确无误): yes, exactly
eg. Yes, you are right, you hit the nail on the head.
是的,你对了,完全正确。
>>点击查看更多关于商务英语的文章